BGL Industry Project PG (11397.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Research, analyse, reflect and apply planning and management innovation to organizational change using cognitive, technical and creative skills;
2. Research and apply theory of industry best practice in the analysis of a contemporary challenge in a business organization;
3. Apply and reflect on experience in professional management of work and organisation demonstrating problem-solving, creativity, and initiative in new situations; and
4. Demonstrate a capacity to advocate and support ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex organisational environment and demonstrate a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
We expect that students enrolling this Unit have experience of research methods. Individuals entering our programs bring with them a diversity of attributes and experiences. As students of the university, they will develop the qualities of critical thinking, curiosity and reflective practice. They will use foresight, initiative, and leadership, and be open to alternative perspectives. As graduates, they will continue to learn and thrive in environments of complexity, ambiguity, and change..
PrerequisitesStudents must have completed a minimum of 21 credit points AND 9505 Research Methods PG.
Assumed knowledgeStudents must have a broad and in-depth knowledge of business including Business Decision Making, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Research Methods and have completed a minimum of 21 credit points with a credit average.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2023||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2023||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan||MBA Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Research||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2024||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2024||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2024||UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai||MBA Trimester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||29 July 2024||Research||Dr Doug Jackman|
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
Students must complete all assessment items and obtain a mark of 50% or more to pass this unit.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
This Unit involves a high degree of independent study.
Students are expected to contribute to the majority of workshops, and access lecture recordings and study guides and videos.
Required IT skills
Students need to have a reasonably high level of skill in their use of IT for research, presentations and report writing. Students need to demonstrate they are autonomous learners and must demonstrate their ability with minimal support to plan, conduct, present and report on a complex industry project.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This is a work integrated learning project
- MBA Trimester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai (211140)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo (211141)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan (211142)
- Semester 2, 2022, Research, UC - Canberra, Bruce (210343)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo (210346)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan (210347)
- MBA Trimester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai (210345)