BGL Industry Project PG (11397.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai
UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Curate evidence of professional practice acquired throughout their course to demonstrate learning development and critically reflect on the application of their learning and development in their professional lives;
2. Research, analyse and apply planning and management innovation to organizational change using cognitive, technical and creative skills;
3. Research and apply theory of industry best practice in the analysis of a contemporary challenge in a case study organization;
4. Apply experience in professional management of work and organisation demonstrating skill, creativity and initiative in new situations;
5. Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills including creativity, initiative, critical thinking, adaptability, leadership, and resourcefulness; and
6. Demonstrate a capacity to advocate and support ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions in a complex organisational environment and demonstrate a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
This Unit requires students to take responsibility for their own learning and to demonstrate they are autonomous learners.
PrerequisitesStudents must have completed a minimum of 21 credit points AND 9505 Research Methods PG
Assumed knowledgeStudents must have a broad and in-depth knowledge of business including Business Decision Making, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Research Methods and have completed a minimum of 21 credit points with a credit average.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai||MBA Trimester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2021||UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan||MBA Trimester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2021||UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo||MBA Trimester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Research||Dr Doug Jackman|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Research||Dr Doug Jackman|
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
Students must complete all assessment items and obtain a mark of 50% or more to pass this unit.
This Unit involves a high degree of independent study.
Students are expected to actively participate in all workshops during the trimester.
Required IT skills
Students need to have a reasonably high level of skill in their use of IT for research, presentations and report writing. Students need to demonstrate they are autonomous learners and must demonstrate their ability with minimal support to plan, conduct, present and report on a complex industry project working as a group.
Work placement, internships or practicums