Event Management (11320.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain all the components and various roles involved in planning, organising, running and evaluating an event;
2. Apply the theory and skills necessary to professionally plan, organise and run a business event; and
3. Understand the importance of strategic planning for an event or festival, including monitoring and evaluating the impacts on the wider community etc.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Prerequisites11322 Event Development
Equivalent units7016 Event Management
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Tracey Dickson|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Intensive||Dr Tracey Dickson|
|2024||UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Dr Tracey Dickson|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||05 February 2024||Intensive||Dr Tracey Dickson|
All information on required readings and online activities are available via the Canvas site. These may be updated and added to throughtout the semester.. To develop your digitial literacy and research skills sufficient information is provided for you to access material, online and via the library.
Lecture materials, readinngs, online activities and quizzes are available onine from Week1. This allows you to be flexible with your study time to fit around work, family and other commitments. However, don't be tempted to leave everything to the last minute, it rarely works out well!
1. The 2-day intensive workshop provides time to network with students and other industry stakeholders to explore topics in-depth.
- should COVID requirements make face-to face an issue, we will aim to offer virtual classes to cover the material.
2. A key component of this unit is an internship/volunteering of 40-50 hours. This is an opportunity to:
- develop your knowledge and skills in event management;
- expand your networks within event management and
- to reflect upon the nexus between event management theory and practice in preparation for your Pecha Kucha final assignment.
Required IT skills
Students are required to ensure they have the IT skills necessary to complete this unit and the Pecha Kucha assessment worth 55%.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Students must obtain and complete an internship/volunteering experience in event management of between 40 and 50 hours, preferably to be completed by the end of Semester. More detail will be presented during class and on Canvas.
- Semester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (211741)
- Semester 1, 2023, Intensive, UC - Canberra, Bruce (211740)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (206283)
- Semester 1, 2022, Intensive, UC - Canberra, Bruce (206282)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (202703)
- Semester 1, 2021, Intensive, UC - Canberra, Bruce (202702)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (198025)
- Semester 1, 2020, Intensive, UC - Canberra, Bruce (198028)