Professional Evidence (Midwifery) (11304.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Midwifery||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate preparedness for employment as a midwife;
2. Critically reflect on midwifery challenges and the importance of influencing change; and
3. Critically reflect on the learning and development of their philosophies and practices and consider ongoing development in their professional lives.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
Prerequisites11299 Continuity Midwifery A.
CorequisitesMust be enrolled in HLB001 Bachelor of Midwifery.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Mrs Kai Hodgkin|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mrs Kai Hodgkin|
Pairman S., Tracey, S., Dahlen, H. & Dixon, L. (Eds) (2019). Midwifery: Preparation for Practice 4e (4th edn). Sydney: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
If further time is required to meet practice experiences before submission of the finalised portfolio, please email the course convener to discuss. Extensions will be granted though this will likely result in a delay of details being sent to AHPRA and therefore potentially a delay in registration as well as a possible delay in graduation timing.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Required IT skills
This unit involves online meetings in real time using the Virtual Room in your UCLearn teaching site. The Virtual Room allows you to communicate in real time with your lecturer and other students. To participate verbally, rather than just typing, you will need a microphone. For best audio quality we recommend a microphone and speaker headset. For more information and to test your computer, go to the Virtual Room in your UCLearn site and 'Join Course Room'. This will trigger a tutorial to help familiarise you with the functionality of the virtual room.
Work placement, internships or practicums