International Law (11267.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Law School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, explain and analyse the core principles of public international law;
2. Identify, explain and analyse the core principles of private international law; and
3. Use legal research and analysis, problem solving and writing to apply international law principles in practice.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
PrerequisitesThis unit is only available to students in a Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Justice Studies course. Students must have passed at least 36 credit points, including unit 11251 Foundations of Law and Justice.
Equivalent units8062 International Law 7038 International Trade Law
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Flexible||Mr Sascha Dov Bachmann|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Flexible||Mr Sascha Dov Bachmann|
See reading list on canvas
Lecture attendance and participation in the tutorials is crucial for passing this unit.
Participation in the tutorials is crucial for the passing of the unit
Required IT skills
Ability to use software used or available throughout your undergraduate study. Access and use of Canvas.
Work placement, internships or practicums