International Finance (11233.2)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
| Bruce, Canberra
|Faculty Of Business, Government & Law
|Canberra Business School
|Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit
| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and critique the motivations and drivers behind international trade, investment, financing and dividend decisions;
2. Analyse ethical issues, agency problems and assess corporate governance structures;
3. Analyse and evaluate exchange rate regimes and their impact on international trade and investments;
4. Explain the functions of international financial markets with a particular emphasis on foreign exchange markets;
5. Analyse types of risks particularly associated with international trade and investments; and
6. Evaluate risks and returns in the context of foreign direct investments.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
Prerequisites11215 Business Finance.
Equivalent units6409 International Financial Management.
|Teaching start date
|29 July 2024
|Mr Yaser Paracha
Cengage Learning - Madura, J. (2021) International Financial Management, 14th Edition
The book can be ordered online by following the link
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
In order to achieve a ‘Pass' or higher grade in this unit you will need to:
Attempt all the items of summative assessment; AND
Achieve 50% overall marks
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
It is recommended that students attend all lectures and tutorials.
Required IT skills
You are assumed to have adequate skills in the use of calculators, computers, word-processing, spreadsheet modeling, and internet browsing. You are also assumed to be familiar with
LearnOnline. If you feel you do not have adequate skills, please discuss the matter with the unit convener.
Work placement, internships or practicums