Accounting Systems and Practices (11212.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse and apply financial accounting principles and concepts when dealing with structured information;
2. Apply the use of accounting controls, journals and systems;
3. Prepare financial reports for simple entities using accounting software; and
4. Reflect on the professional skills that accountants have to possess and display.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
Prerequisites11009 Business Decision Making.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||Flexible||Dr Angela Tan-Kantor|
|2021||UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai||Global Pathways Program Semester 1||22 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Angela Tan-Kantor|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||Flexible||Dr Angela Tan-Kantor|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Flexible||Dr Angela Tan-Kantor|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Angela Tan-Kantor|
Hoggett, Medlin, Edwards, Chalmers, Beattie, Hellman and Maxfield 2018, Financial Accounting, 10th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Australia.
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
For assessment items marked as mandatory, each piece of assessment must be completed and submitted, but it is not necessary that students pass each individual item of assessment.
For threshold items, students must complete the assessment item and meet the minimum indicated threshold requirement.
In this unit, the final examination is a threshold requirement. Students must obtain a minimum of 40% in the final exam and 50% overall to pass the unit.
Refer to section 5 for details.
Required IT skills
An understanding of MS Word and MS Excel. Students will also learn to use cloud Accounting platform Xero whilst completing an accounting practice set.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- 6222 Accounting Systems & Practices G.
Equivalent units6360 Accounting Systems and Practices.
- Global Pathways Program Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai (204363)
- Semester 1, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (203930)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (203476)
- Global Pathways Program Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UCI - SVKM's Institute of International Studies, Mumbai (197692)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197693)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (197697)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197696)