Innovation Management (11202.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and differentiate genuine business opportunities from 'good' ideas;
2. Critically apply a PESTEL analysis to examine environments the businesses operate within;
3. Create a unique service, knowledge, produce or process and demonstrate the skills needed to manage the start-up, survival and growth phases of a new venture;
4. Explore and analyse the important elements in formulating and evaluating a business, and marketing plans, a financing strategy and social media strategy;
5. Analyse the driving forces behind creating and building value in a new venture; and
6. Investigate and apply for funding and source information and assistance that may be able to help with the development of your business opportunity.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
You must submit all assessments with an aggregate mark of 50% to pass this unit.
This unit was designed with the entrepreneurial learner in mind, it has a strong theory, authentic assessment and application base.
Previous Innovative projects (with the approval of the Convenor) can be used E.G. Your own innovative start-up.
Participation and engagement are essential for this unit, given its structure and content.
Required IT skills
Only if you are using and inventing new IT.
Project costs only
Work placement, internships or practicums
Projects could be work based, please disucss this with your convenor prior to commencing the project.