Service Systems, Transformation and Wellbeing (11186.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
| UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Articulate the role of wellbeing and identify how it is utilised to create value for organisations;
2. Identify wellbeing beneficiaries based on organisation's strategies and the service ecosystem it operates within;
3. Utilise ideas and concepts from academic literature related to wellbeing to link to a practical outcome; and
4. Develop a wellbeing project that meets the goals of the organisation, target segments and business model and understand the overarching context in which social businesses operate.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Prof Raechel Johns|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||Prof Raechel Johns|
The learning resources will include cases, journal articles, videos, tools, and class activites and interaction. All resources will be provided on the canvas site.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Submit through Canvas
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Students are encouraged to participate in online disucssion, to share their ideas, and to comment on others ideas.
Required IT skills
Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi, or alternative presentation software.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209589)
- Semester 2, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (207738)
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (203000)
- Semester 2, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209046)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE NSW Northern Sydney, St Leonard's (197982)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197981)