Professional Evidence (Commerce) (11171.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate career-readiness, a clear professional identity, and insight into the skills, knowledge and personal attributes necessary to meet the standards of performance and practice expected by their profession;
2. Critically reflect on their learning and the development of their skills throughout their course and consider their ongoing development into their professional lives;
3. Critically analyse the impact of individual actions on others in professional settings and the impact of the profession on society; and
4. Synthesise high-level conceptual and practical understanding and Commerce knowledge to develop useful solutions to real-world problems.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
PrerequisitesMust have passed 48 credit points.
Equivalent units11173 Professional Evidence (Business) and 11237 Professional Evidence (Government & Policy).
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Flexible||Dr Ian MacLean|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Flexible||Dr Monir Mir|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Flexible||Dr Maree Sainsbury|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||Dr Monir Mir|
Bassot, B. (2017) The Employability Journal, Palgrave, London. ISBN: 978-1-137-60381-4.
Bassot, B. (2020) The Reflective Journal, Third Edition, Red Globe Press, London. ISBN: 978-1-352-01029-9
This book has some overlap in material with the required text. However, both books are relatively inexpensive. It is recommended that students embarking on a professional career purchase this book as it guides you in developing your reflective practice. Reflective practice is, in turn, seen as the pathway to the development of professional identity.
As a professional, you will be expected to identify readings appropriate to your own professional practice. You may find it useful to consult newspapers and journals related to your specialty, especially the house journals of professional societies. Many journals and newspapers are available in UC library or online in electronic format. You should also make a point of becoming familiar with the websites of organisations with information that might be of relevance to your profession. Selected readings will be added to the website during the semester.
Required IT skills
Basic Word and Excel skills.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209583)
- Semester 1, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (206104)
- Semester 2, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209064)
- Semester 1, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (204109)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197664)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197665)