Organisational Communications, Culture and Change (11169.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Communicate to multiple cultural groups;
2. Select and justify communication strategies to suit different negotiation contexts;
3. Identify and critique opportunities for conflict resolution within business;
4. Adjust communication types and strategies in response to changing information sets; and
5. Communicate professionally across multiple communication types.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
PrerequisitesMust have completed 24 credit point.
Equivalent units7079 Organisational Performance
Assumed knowledgeIt is assumed students have knowledge of different business types and structures.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||Flexible||Ms Katie Ley|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Flexible||Ms Katie Ley|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2023||Flexible||Ms Katie Ley|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Flexible||Ms Katie Ley|
The readings will be availabe through Canvas and the Library
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
All assessment items need to be submitted using the Canvas site drop-box and will not be accepted by email. While completion of all assessment items is not required for sucessful completion of the unit, in order to give yourself the best chance is it best that you submit everything.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Attendance at workshops is expected.
Required IT skills
The use of word processing and presentation software is required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Simulated work environment
- Winter Term, 2022, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209812)
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne (204383)
- Semester 2, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (209032)
- Winter Term, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (208995)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197990)
- Winter Term, 2020, Online, UC - Canberra, Bruce (203125)