Illuminated Bits (11136.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Plan and undertake a substantial digital media arts project;
2. Document, evaluate and present their own creative process;
3. Respond proactively to a creative challenge; and
4. Interpret and apply skills and knowledge in digital media production.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
Prerequisites11132 Engineering Reality.
Corequisites11134 Sound Design.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Sam Hinton|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Henry Sun|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Presentations must be given in the weeks allocated unless prior arrangement is made with the lecturer. Presentations can be given in class or online by arrangement with the unit convenor. Students who have not made alternative arrangements forfeit their opportunity to present and will be assigned a mark of 0 for that presentation.
In cases where the final project is not complete or runs into significant problems, partial projects will be assessed. In these cases documentation will become much more important.
This project unit requires you to work independently and consistently throughout the semester. You will need to put as much time as possible into the project work - up to 10 hours per week. You are expected to attend supervisory meetings regularly, and it is your responsibility to maintain contact with your supervisor throughout the semester. If your project starts going poorly for any reason, you must let your supervisor know as early as possible so we can negotiate a solution.
None. However, note that you must be able to present your presentations in week 3 and 7 unless you have made arrangements with the lecturer, and regular contact with your supervisor is essential to ensure you do not end up with a poor final submission.
Required IT skills
Students undertaking this unit are expected the be in the final year of a digital media degree or major and are expected to have significant practical digital production skills.
Work placement, internships or practicums