Space, Time and Form (11131.1)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design and realise forms in 3D using polygonal modelling techniques;
2. Manipulate lighting, materials and cameras in a 3D environment to achieve a desired aesthetic;
3. Animate lighting, cameras, objects and meshes to achieve a desired aesthetic;
4. Identify and critique the requirements and applications of real-time versus pre-rendered 3D contexts; and
5. Critically analyse the history and context of digital 3D construction.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
Corequisites11130 Media Worlds.
Equivalent units7882 3D Animation.
|Teaching start date
Readings each week will be freely available on the internet and linked each week from the unit web site.
This unit is structured in a series of weekly exercises that build towards the final submission. It is expected that you will put time into these exercises each week, as the assessment tasks are based on them, and thus is factored in to the time it should take you to complete the assessment items. We STRONGLY recommend coming to a lab once a week and engaging as much as possible with the weekly exercises outside of class time.
You are expected to attend all classes, but will not automatically fail the unit on the basis of attendance alone.
Required IT skills
Students are expected to be confident with the use of computer technologies, but are not required to have previous 3D experience.
Work placement, internships or practicums