The Grand Experiment (11111.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Work in multi-disciplinary teams to formulate and present a diverse range of creative and cultural projects;
2. Demonstrate agility and flexibility in their planning and teamwork, in order to communicate their project effectively;
3. Apply their individual knowledge of global, cultural and indigenous contexts to their chosen project through reflective practice; and
4. Experiment with ideas and methodology relevant to the intersecting creative and cultural fields in which they and their team are operating.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Tony Eaton|
Recomended: The Creative Spark, by Agustin Fuentes - available in UC library on short term loan
There are no set texts for this unit, however a wide range of readings relating to the unit content will be available through the unit Canvas site.
Students electing to do the 'Bail Out' mini assessments will have some additional readings, also available through the Canvas site and reading list.
Students should note that The Grand Experiment has a non-traditional structure.
Unessay Workshop groups may choose to meet outside of the scheduled tutorial times, but this will be at the discretion of the individual groups.
Students should be aware that assessment item 2 for this unit requires regular attendance at the scheduled tutorial classes
Required IT skills
In addition to being able to access and use Canvas, all students will require a Trello account, (available free at www.trello.com) for the duration of the unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums