Strategic Communication Research and Planning (11105.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and apply key elements of strategic planning, from program development to campaigns;
2. Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of the fundamentals of research and consultation processes that can inform strategy development; and
3. Critique the role of professional communication in community engagement, public participation and democratic engagement.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Prerequisites11103 Corporate and Public Communication Foundations
Equivalent units9038 Public Relations Strategy: Issues and Crisis Management
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Ms Prue Robson|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Ms Prue Robson|
Mahoney, J. (2017). Strategic communication (2nd ed.). Oxford University Press.
Additional required readings will be listed on the UC Learn (Canvas) site and are available from the library via the Reading List link on Canvas.
It may be difficult to pass the unit without regular attendance at tutorials as this unit involves group work which will be done during class time.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums