Corporate and Public Communication Foundations (11103.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| Bruce, Canberra
UC College, Bruce, ACT
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse the basic theoretical paradigms that govern modern corporate and public communication practice and explore how they might fit within diverse political, cultural and social contexts;
2. Understand and apply core principles of writing and developing content for different formats; and
3. Explore the relevance of various ethical and moral codes to the ethos and practice of professional communication, including equality of voice and access, social and civic responsibility.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
Equivalent units9363 Principles of Public Relations.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Ms Prue Robson|
|2023||UC College, Bruce, ACT||UC College Trimester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Miss Swarali Sidhaye|
|2023||UC College, Bruce, ACT||UC College Trimester 3||18 September 2023||On-Campus||Miss Swarali Sidhaye|
|2024||Bruce, Canberra||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Ms Prue Robson|
|2024||UC College, Bruce, ACT||UC College Trimester 2||03 June 2024||On-Campus||Miss Chenchen Li|
Sutherland, K., Ali, S., & Khattab, U. (Eds.). (2020). Public relations and strategic communication. Oxford University Press is a required text for this unit and will be needed to successfully complete Assignment 1. It can be purchased via UC's book supplier, The School Locker, in e-book format or through Oxford University Press or anywhere you choose to purchase textbooks in hard copy format. We have used this in previous years, so there may also be second-hand copies available from your peers.
Additional required readings will be listed on the UC Learn (Canvas) site and are available from the library via the Reading List link on Canvas.
While attendance at tutorials is not compulsory, it may be difficult to pass the unit without regular attendance. All assessments have components that will be worked upon during class time. In particular, A3 requires group work and time will be allocated in tutorials to work with your group.
Required IT skills
Bascic Word and PowerPoint skills.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- UC College Trimester 3, 2023, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (211024)
- Semester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (211899)
- UC College Trimester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (210925)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2022, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (209796)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (206461)
- UC College Trimester 3, 2021, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (204009)
- UC College Trimester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203866)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199215)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (203249)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193905)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (184490)