Global Brand Communication (11102.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply communication knowledge and practices in response to global brand communication problems;
2. Analyse the volatile and changeable nature of global communication strategies and their relative value in different markets; and
3. Evaluate the issues facing the global marketplace and their influence on the marketing communication decision-making processes.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Equivalent units7839 Transnational Advertising and 6380 International Marketing.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Shaun Cheah|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Shaun Cheah|
1. Marketing Magazine Asia https://marketingmagazine.com.my/
2. Campaign Asia https://www.campaignasia.com/
3. AdWeek www.adweek.com
4. Advertising Age - UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/research-gateway/ejournals
5. WARC http://www.warc.com.ezproxy2.canberra.edu.au/Default.asp?ID=1
6. BusinessWeek - UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/research-gateway/e-journals
7. Campaign (London) UC Library Individual Holdings, or via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/research-gateway/e-journals
8. Harvard Business Review – UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/researchgateway/e-journals
9. The Journal of Marketing - UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/researchgateway/e-journals
10. The Journal of Advertising - UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/researchgateway/e-journals
11. The Journal of Advertising Research - UC Library via http://www.canberra.edu.au/library/research-gateway/e-journals
Advertising – Marketing Communication Industry Association websites:
1. Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) http://www.aana.com.au/
2. Media Federation of Australia http://mediafederation.org.au/
3. International Advertising Association (IAA) http://www.iaaglobal.org/
4. American Advertising Federation (AAF) http://www.aaf.org/
5. American Association of Advertising Agencies (4As) http://www2.aaaa.org/Portal/Pages/default.aspx
6. World Federation of Advertisers (WFA) http://www.wfanet.org/
Required IT skills
Competency in PC based MS operating systems: PowerPoint, Word and Canvas will be assumed for this Unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. The professional nature of this unit also recommends participation in all learning activities.
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they are correctly enrolled in each subject and that the subjects are correct for their course of study. Students should confirm their subject enrolment details via MyUC before the end of Week 2.
Moderation of final results is practiced to ensure the maintenance and uniformity of consistent standards.
The Unit Convenor reserves the right to vary the tutorial schedule to take timely advantage of an advertising event, field trip opportunity or guest speaker. Notice of such variation will be made in the preceding week's Canvas announcement.
The standard practice of using an author-date system like Harvard or APA is preferred.
If there is any doubt with regard to the requirements of any particular assignment or assessment procedure, the onus of clarification rests with the student who should contact the lecturer about the matter. Students have a responsibility to: read, understand and respect the rules concerning plagiarism; familiarise themselves with the conventions of referencing in their discipline; and avoid all acts, which could be considered plagiarism. Refer to the student integrity policy for in this link https://guard.canberra.edu.au/policy/policy.php?pol_id=3175
Provision of information
Announcements made at classes or on Canvas are deemed to be made to the whole group