Design Incubator PG (11078.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically review a context to identify a design problem or opportunity;
2. Synthesise research and develop effective design prototypes and solutions;
3. Evaluate, select and apply design thinking techniques to create new solutions for potential investors; and
4. Develop design proposals and professionally communicate the design solution via a pitch to potential investors.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
Prerequisites11072 Designpreneurship G.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Raghavendra Gudur|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Dr Raghavendra Gudur|
Required readings are posted on Canvas unit site.
This unit involves extensive collaborative work. It is expected students attend all face-to-face/online lectures and studio sessions.
Required IT skills
It is expected students have advanced skills in using various graphic development software. Having basic web/IT development skills will be beneficial too.
Work placement, internships or practicums