3D Digital Design Fundamentals (11047.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Relate the application of digital software to creative expression in design;
2. Apply fundamental techniques for digitally generating products of low complexity; and
3. Recognize the potential of digital design communication techniques for the industrial design profession.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
Equivalent units8330 Digital Environment.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||On-Campus||Mr Sam Tomkins|
CREO software. Available to students for free from PTC to download on private computers. - Links and details provided on the units CANVAS page.
KEYSHOT Software - Available to students for free from Luxion to download on private computers.Links and details provided on the units CANVAS page.
Full attendance at all lectures, studios, and seminars is expected. Students must contact the studio tutor in advance if they are unable to attend. There is a significant link between a student's attendance/participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components. To this end, attendance records are kept and may be used to guide and inform aspects of our evaluation and feedback.
Required IT skills
Fair knowledge of installing windows based software.
Cost of technical package ($30) and prototyping materials costs (3d printing) will be incurred. These costs are not expected to be above $100 in total.
Work placement, internships or practicums