Industrial Design Fundamentals (11046.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explore and apply the elements and principles of design to develop compositions in 2 and 3 dimensions;
2. Identify and utilise basic design principles and creative processes; and
3. Communicate design solutions and ideas effectively using design terminology and a variety of presentation techniques and materials.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Mr Sam Tomkins|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||21 June 2021||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Mr Sam Tomkins|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 1||21 February 2022||On-Campus||Miss Chenchen Li|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||20 June 2022||On-Campus||Mr James Young|
A full list of resources will be made Available on the CANVAS page.
Full attendance at all lectures, tutorials and workshops is expected. Students must contact the tutor in advance if they are unable to attend. There is a significant link between a student's attendance/participation, and the quality of their learning outcomes demonstrated by the submitted assessable project components. To this end, attendance records are kept and may be used to guide and inform aspects of our evaluation and feedback.
Required IT skills
Students are expected to have advanced skills in software relevant to their selected specialisation, associated with digital composition, presentation and report writing.
Expected costs are less than $200.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Equivalent units8314 Design Studio 1.1 or 8322 Visual Representation.
- UC College Trimester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (199558)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199105)
- UC College Trimester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (198840)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193462)
- UC College Trimester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce (192477)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (184262)