Landscape Systems (11037.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically explore and synthesise global social and environmental challenges;
2. Evaluate Landscape systems in an urban environment using a systems theory approach;
3. Interpret reports and strategic documents that affect sustainable development; and
4. Present coherent, well researched responses to a range of identified issues in natural systems.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Assumed knowledgeResearch skills.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||Flexible||Ms Gay Williamson|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||On-Campus||Ms Gay Williamson|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Flexible||Ms Gay Williamson|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Ms Gay Williamson|
Details will be advised on Canvas Site
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Details will be announced on Canvas site
To gain the maximum from this unit, students should listen to all on line lectures and participate in the tutorials.
Required IT skills
This unit involves online meetings in real time using the Blackboard Collaborate or similar tool. Blackboard Collaborate provides a virtual classroom or meeting room where you can communicate in real time with your lecturer and other students. To participate verbally, rather than just typing, you will need a microphone. For best audio quality we recommend a microphone and speaker headset. For more information and to test your computer, please visit the LearnOnline Student Help and click on the link to Blackboard Collaborate.
More details will be provided in the introductory lecture.
Work placement, internships or practicums