Professional Practice 2: Work Integrated Learning (11018.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, Mount Gravatt
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Reflect on and evaluate the standards of performance and practice expected in the workplace and the profession, and how professional skills and knowledge align with these expectations;
2. Analyse the role and application of theoretical ideas and knowledge in the professional context;
3. Solve problems and make appropriate and ethical decisions in the workplace or professional contexts using information, professional knowledge and consideration of different perspectives; and
4. Acquire, articulate and apply a range of transferable employability skills.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - understand issues in their profession from the perspective of other cultures
This unit is a closed-enrolment special project.
PrerequisitesThis unit is only available to students in the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Communication and Media, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Creative Industries and Bachelor of Digital Design programs.
Students must have passed 36 credits points in the course AND one of the following units:
10333 Professional Orientation: Arts OR
10334 Professional Orientation: Built Environment OR
10335 Professional Orientation: Communication and Media OR
10336 Professional Orientation: Design OR
11591 Professional Orientation (Creative Industries and Digital Design)
Incompatible units11574 Professional Practice: WIL Studio 3
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, Mount Gravatt||Summer Semester||28 November 2022||On-Campus||Mr Ehud Joseph|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Mr Chris Worfold|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2023||On-Campus||Mrs Mikaela Danvers|
|2024||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Mr Chris Worfold|
|2024||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||27 May 2024||On-Campus||Mrs Mikaela Danvers|
Readings and resources will be available on Canvas.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Please confirm all submission requirements on Canvas.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Please confirm participation requirements in your relevant stream information on Canvas.
Required IT skills
Relevant and particular skills needed for each discipline will be included on Canvas. Please check canvas site for information.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves various types of work integrated learning and therefore, additional student responsibilities are required in addition to those described in this section. Work integrated learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. Client confidentiality must always be maintained, including for assessment items such as reports or essays. The professional nature of this unit also requires participation at all learning activities (lectures, workshops etc. if scheduled – see Canvas) for the successful completion of this unit. If attendance requirements cannot be satisfied (e.g. timetable clash), it is recommended that you meet with your relevant Program Director to schedule this unit for a future semester.
- Winter Term, 2023, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (216324)
- Semester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (211914)
- Summer Semester, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Mount Gravatt (216126)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (206476)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Mount Gravatt (206475)
- Winter Term, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199509)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (204198)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Mount Gravatt (204247)
- Semester 1, 2021, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (199228)
- Winter Term, 2020, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194871)
- Semester 1, 2020, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193974)
- Winter Term, 2019, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (191828)
- Semester 1, 2019, Flexible, UC - Canberra, Bruce (184202)