Engaging with LANTITE (10453.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.0||0||Faculty Of Education|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Education||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate literacy and numeracy achievement equivalent to the top 30 per cent of the Australian adult population (see https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/about); and
2. Demonstrate the ability to apply test-taking strategies, including deductive reasoning, time management and following instructions.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
CorequisitesThis unit is only available to students in an undergraduate program of Initial Teacher Education.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||On-Campus||Dr Kym Simoncini|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Siewimm Tan|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||30 May 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Rachel Cunneen|
Required learning material will be available on Canvas, including online resources.
This unit requires accessing the preparatory material on Canvas regularly in order to successfully complete the LANTITE test.
Students who are not successful on one or more LANTITE attempts will be required to attend workshops on exam taking strategies and to book for a consultation with Study Skills (Library) and/or the Maths and Statistics Help centre (MASH) in building 6B. Active engagement with the Modules on the unit Canvas site will be taken into consideration.
Required IT skills
Students will be required to access and view the CANVAS site regularly.
The 2021 fee for both LANTITE test components (literacy test and numeracy test) is $196.00 (GST inclusive).
The 2021 fee for a single LANTITE test component (literacy test or numeracy test) is $98.00 (GST inclusive).
Please see https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/ for further details.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Reading and complying with this information is a requirement for students enrolled in the unit.