UC Connect (10407.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|University Of Canberra College||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
All three units are designed to provide support and communication skills that are essential for university studies. The units are also interlinked in terms of covering these skills.
CorequisitesEnrolment in (215CO) UC Connect
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 1||22 February 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 1||21 February 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
All resources are online in Canvas.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
- Students are expected to submit all assessment tasks on or before the specified due date.
- Late submission of assessment tasks will incur a penalty of 5% per day, weekends included. Tasks submitted one week after the due date will not be marked for assessment although tutors may mark to provide feedback to students.
- Students who have a medical reason or have suffered a misadventure that prevents the submission of an assessment task on time must apply for special consideration prior to the due date and time or, if misadventure happened on the due day, within 3 days of the date of submission. This is a two-stage process:
- Firstly, an email message must be sent to the relevant tutor, and the Course Coordinator briefly outlining the reason for not attending or submitting the assessment task on time.
- Secondly, the relevant form, available at the UC College Office in building 5 level B, must be completed with the attachment of medical certificates or other relevant documents to support the claim for special consideration. This form must be completed within 3 days of the due date of the assessment.
The following are important points for you to understand about SPECIAL CONSIDERATION or EXTENSION applications. Please read carefully.
- If your application was about a missed test or another "in class" assignment, documentation to prove eligibility for special consideration must be provided with the application. After considered by UC Connect coordinator, a successful application will secure another due date and an unsuccessful application will receive "0" marks in that assessment. You will still need to complete the assessment to satisfy the condition of "all assessment completed" in order to pass the course.
- If your application was about an extension on an assignment (for example an Essay or Research Report), you will be required to submit the work you have already completed on that assignment before your application can be considered for extension. If no work can be presented, no extension will be granted.
- If your application is successful, then penalty marks will not apply and you will be given a revised due date.
- A request for an extension on an assignment on the date it is due is not considered if it is merely due to the late start of the assignment.
- A request for extension with supporting documents attached is required to be approved by the UC Connect coordinator.
Participating in class is important for successfully completing the course. However, attendance alone does not necessarily assist a student but instead engaging with discussion and asking questions and so on all count importantly to student success.
·Students are expected to attend ALL lectures.
- Students are expected to attend ALL allocated classes, tutorials and workshops.
·Students must attend 80% of all tutorials in all three units to be eligible to proceed to university. This means a student's attendance has to be at least 80% in each unit.
- If there are special circumstances surrounding an extended absence from tutorials, e.g. serious illness or profound personal difficulties, documentation must be provided (medical certificate, etc.) to the UC Connect coordinator within three days of absence from classes. Please go to the UC College reception in building 5 level B to obtain a form for missed classes or missed assessment, attach relevant documents, and submit it to the reception.
·The UC Connect coordinator will assess your application, consult your tutors, and notify you accordingly.
·If you are having personal difficulties that can affect your studies then arrange to talk to the UC Connect coordinator.
Required IT skills
All students need a laptop or PC and an internet connection to be able to participate in the course. Some basic knowledge of Word and Excel will also help. If an internet connection is going to be a problem please talk with the Program Coordinator.
Work placement, internships or practicums