Reading and Critiquing Literature PG (10387.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore
UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Canberra Business School||Post Graduate Level|| Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesThe outcome of any unit for individual students is contingent upon what each student brings to class and the amount of energy and effort they deploy. However, a student who engages in all class activities with diligence can expect to be able to:
1. Efficiently read academic articles and effectively utilise them for multiple purposes;
2. Critically evaluate literature reviews in topic-relevant disciplines and subject areas according to learned concepts;
3. Connect specific information from existing articles as a basis for identifying implicit themes and issues within a literature;
4. Critically analyse a literature to identify gaps and/or problems; and
5. Use literature to more effectively situate and motivate a research project.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
- Research Methodology and Research Design PG
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2021||UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2022||UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
|2022||UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Abu Saleh|
There is no textbook for this class. All resources, including journal article, video, and reference sources, will be provided on the canvas site for details.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Assessment items should be submitted on CANVAS.
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
As per UC policy, this unit is expected to require 300 hours of work. Of this, there will be a set of intensive classes (5 classes at 4 hours each). Students will be expected to do online, reading, writing, developmental, reflection and assignment preparation work in the remaining hours.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore (202940)
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (202939)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (202574)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore (202575)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore (197940)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197939)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UCI - PSB Academy, Singapore (199010)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (197908)