Music Performance: The Showcase Event (10348.2)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. In groups, plan, rehearse and perform a public showcase event for your act;
2. Organise the process of monetising your event; and
3. Analyse own performance and the performance of peers.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - be self-aware
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Equivalent units9738 Music Performance: Expanding the Repertoire.
|Teaching start date
Participation in group planning, rehearsal and performance is a requirement of this unit. If completing the unit online, a considerable amount of self-directed work will be required to organise, perform and record an event to a suitably high standard.
Students who attend campus for class or other purposes must play their part in keeping our campus and community safe by following these basic guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
- Practise good hand hygiene, washing hands regularly;
- If you do happen to cough or sneeze, please do so into the crook of your elbow, dispose of tissues immediately and wash hands immediately
- Practise effective physical distancing;
- Follow all directions of teaching and other UC staff regarding safety measures;
- Stay off campus if you are unwell and get tested according to Queensland Government guidelines, and
- Follow TAFE Queensland communications for current health and campus advice https://tafeqld.edu.au/current-students/health-advice.html?
Required IT skills
Basic IT skills are required in this unit.
There may be costs incurred through equipment purchases, venue booking and event promotion.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit culiminates in a public showcase in a commercial venue. If venues are unavailble, a simulated venue will be used.