Screen Music 2 (10347.2)
|Available teaching periods
|View teaching periods
|Faculty Of Arts And Design
|School Of Arts And Communications
|Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit
| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Employ notation software to score music for orchestra;
2. Identify, notate for and recognise orchestral instruments and related articulations; and
3. Orchestrate a range of pieces suited to a variety of film genres.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - evaluate and adopt new technology
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Equivalent units9736 Contemporary Musicianship: Arranging and Orchestration.
|Teaching start date
All resources will be provided in Canvas.
Participation is expected in lectures and tutorials and at least 8 hours of your time to work independently on music and scores, as well as watching provided extra video material and completing quizzes.
Required IT skills
IT and computer skills are expected in this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Aspects of this unit simulate workplace practice.