Screen Music (10344.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify historically significant developments, film genres and composers of screen music;
2. Employ standard methodologies to compose music for two contrasting screen projects;
3. Explore relationships between music and visuals in a series of short musical/visual experiments;
4. Compose music to picture employing; and
5. Apply written communication skills in a range of contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Dual ID McLennan|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Mr Rafe Sholer|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Dual ID McLennan|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Dr Dual ID McLennan|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Mr Rafe Sholer|
All course materials, readings and video will be provided in the unit.
You are expected to participate in all aspects of this unit including collaborating across discipline with gaming and/or media students, as well as at least 8 hours a week of research and music composition.
Required IT skills
Basic IT and DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) skills are a requirement for this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Aspects of this unit include simulated work integrated learning.
Equivalent units9732 Composition: Screen Music.
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (204328)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (195407)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (195406)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera (190830)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (190829)