Occupational Therapy Honours 1 (10314.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Flexible
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Occupational Therapy||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply a method for an advanced literature search;
2. Synthesise the available evidence into a literature review; and
3. Demonstrate advanced research methods to propose a methodology to answer a relevant research question.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - adapt to complexity, ambiguity and change by being flexible and keen to engage with new ideas
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
This unit contributes to the overall classification for the student's Honours degree
PrerequisitesMust have passed Research Planning PG, 6486.
CorequisitesMust be enrolled in the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, 373JA.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Winter Term||01 June 2021||Flexible||Dr Craig Greber|
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Assessment Task 3 - "Oral Presentation" will be presented orally in a forum appropraite to the research project. It will be marked live but recorded for moderation purposes.
Students should regularly liaise with their Honours supervisor and/or the Unit Convener to discuss their workload management.
Students are required to be self-directed in pursuing their research project. While the supervisors will provide support, advice and direction, it is the student's responsibility to remain focused on the project.
Please refer to the Occupational Therapy Honours Information Booklet for information on the roles of supervisors.
Required IT skills
Students will require advanced IT skills to:
- Search for relevant literature and information pertinent to the project
- Complete templated forms and applications
- Develop audiovsual presentations
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit may require students to undertake experiences in the practice context in order to successfully complete their research. Where this is required, organisation-specific requirements may need to be met prior to work site visits. The Course Convener will provide advice and instruction in this regard.