Clinical Sonography PG (Part B) (10168.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Medical Radiation||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesAfter successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Produce a clinical portfolio to a standard acceptable within the profession;
2. Produce a scholarly piece of work in the form of an exegesis; and
3. Demonstrate expertise in a specialised area of medical ultrasound.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
PrerequisitesClinical Sonography PG (Part A), 10167.
CorequisitesEnrolment in Master of Medical Ultrasound.
Assumed knowledgeA high level of medical ultrasound skills and knowledge and work that was commence in the unit Clinical Sonography PG (Part A). Students must be practicing clinical sonographers.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Required IT skills
Students must have access to the Internet and unit Canvas site.
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit may involve workplace participation and therefore, additional student responsibilities are required in addition to those described in this section. Work-place learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics. Client/patient and staff confidentiality must always be maintained, including for any assessment items.