Engineering Work Experience PG (10136.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Internship
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.0||0||Faculty Of Science And Technology|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Academic Program Area - Technology||Post Graduate Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the use of professional skills and knowledge through engagement in the workplace;
2. Communicate, interact and work with colleagues;
3. Demonstrate engagement with professional work problem solving;
4. Critically reflect upon and evaluate work practices; and
5. Evaluate own development towards the graduate capability prescribed by the University of Canberra and Stage 1 competency standard for professional engineers stipulated by Engineers Australia.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
PrerequisitesThis unit is only available to students in 354JA Master of Engineering.
Students must have completed 24 credit points in the course.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||07 February 2022||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 1||06 February 2023||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
|2023||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||31 July 2023||Internship||Dr Kumudu Munasinghe|
Submission of assessment items
Special assessment requirements
Final result type: Ungraded Pass
Students have a responsibility to uphold University standards on ethical scholarship. Good scholarship involves building on the work of others and use of others' work must be acknowledged with proper attribution made. Cheating, plagiarism, and falsification of data are dishonest practices that contravene academic values. Refer to the University's Student Charter for more information.
To enhance understanding of academic integrity, all students are expected to complete the Academic Integrity Module (AIM) at least once during their course of study. You can access this module within UCLearn (Canvas) through the 'Academic Integrity and Avoiding Plagiarism' link in the Study Help site.
Use of Text-Matching Software
The University of Canberra uses text-matching software to help students and staff reduce plagiarism and improve understanding of academic integrity. The software matches submitted text in student assignments against material from various sources: the internet, published books and journals, and previously submitted student texts.
Required IT skills
Varies depending on the nature of position/work undertaken
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves engineering practice in workplaces, and therefore, additional student responsibilities are required in addition to
those described in this section. Work-place learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and
- Semester 2, 2022, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (207472)
- Semester 1, 2022, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (205737)
- Semester 2, 2021, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (202323)
- Semester 1, 2021, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200343)
- Semester 2, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (195935)
- Semester 1, 2020, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (193710)
- Semester 2, 2019, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (191992)
- Semester 1, 2019, Internship, UC - Canberra, Bruce (185284)