Australian Studies 2 (10125.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|University Of Canberra College||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a developing knowledge of the Australian civil society and political system;
2. Demonstrate a developing knowledge of the key factors shaping debates about the Australian nation and identity;
3. Employ fieldwork, film and media analysis to gain insight into pivotal events that have shaped Australian culture;
4. Demonstrate developing skills in independent research and simple comparative analysis; and
5. Discuss and write critically about Australian identity, culture and society.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
CorequisitesMust be enrolled in University of Canberra International Foundation Studies, 100CC.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||21 June 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2021||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||18 October 2021||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 2||20 June 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
|2022||UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce||UC College Trimester 3||17 October 2022||On-Campus||Ms Carol Drew|
Reading Brick provided on Canvas
Submission of assessment items
UC College students in their last semester of study may be eligible to re-sit a supplementary exam or assessment to gain a pass grade. Refer to the UCC student handbook for more information
Students must attend all classes as required by the rules of the course. By not attending students will not get the benefit of engaging with the unit content in order to pass the unit. There is a strong correlation between class attendance and engagement and passing.
Required IT skills
You are expected to have the IT skills specified in the Handbook for admission to the course, to be interested to use IT in work and learning and have access to the internet.
Relevant fees must be paid prior to enrolment in this unit.
Work placement, internships or practicums