Master of Psychology Thesis PG (6cp) (10075.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Psychology||Post Graduate Level|| Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology)
Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Report the outcome of psychological research in the form of a journal article; and
2. Relate the outcomes of a psychological research study to the existing literature and further research possibilities.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
PrerequisitesEnrolment in Master of Clinical Psychology degree AND
6311 Research Project Data Analysis PG.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
There are no required texts.
The following texts are recommended:
Gernsbacher, M. A. (2018). Writing empirical articles: Transparency, reproducibility, clarity, and memorability. Advances in Methods and Practices in Psychological Science, 1(3), 403-414. https://doi.org/10.1177/2515245918754485
Lilienfeld, S. O., Sauvigné, K. C., Lynn, S. J., Cautin, R. L., Latzman, R. D., & Waldman, I. D. (2015). Fifty psychological and psychiatric terms to avoid: a list of inaccurate, misleading, misused, ambiguous, and logically confused words and phrases. Frontiers in Psychology: Education Psychology, 6(1100). https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2015.01100
You are expected to have regular meetings with your research supervisor, as appropriate to your project, as negotiated between you and your supervisor.
Required IT skills
Good word-processing skills are required.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 2, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (201604)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (200824)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (194208)
- Semester 2, 2020, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (196589)
- Semester 2, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (188665)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (189291)
- Semester 2, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (180421)
- Semester 1, 2018, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (180059)
- Semester 1, 2017, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (164150)
- Semester 2, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (163158)
- Semester 1, 2016, On-Campus, UC - Canberra, Bruce (156697)