The University of Canberra Research Institute for Sport and Exercise (UCRISE) is a research and innovation institute established in 2014. Combining four research themes, the institute was created to support the University's sporting aspirations through strategic planning and leadership, the co-ordination of sport-related research, consultancy across the University, and the development of external partnerships.
UCRISE unites staff from a wide variety of academic disciplines, faculties and other research centres around the central theme of sport. This brings critical mass and synergies to bear on sport-related research and consultancy activities and supports the development and sustainability of external partnerships. The activity of UCRISE will relate to agendas of state, regional, national and international importance.
UCRISE is rated Above World Standard in the category of Human Movement and Sports Science by the Australian Research Council, as part of the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2018 results. The ERA measures the quality of research produced by Australian universities against international standards. It is based on an independent assessment of research excellence that draws on qualitative and quantitative indicators.
At UCRISE we aim to:
- Undertake innovative world-leading research in sport and exercise,
- Support the University of Canberra Strategic Plan and Vision for Sport,
- Enhance the sport and exercise research profile and reputation of the University,
- Be recognised at the world level as shaping opinion in the field of sport and exercise,
- Engage in high-quality research and consultancy work related to sport and related fields,
- Provide a synergistic collaborative focus to groups of staff from a variety of academic disciplines related around the central theme of sport and exercise research,
- Increase the institutional capacity for strategic sport partnerships and collaborations externally and attracting external income and non-monetary support for sport research and consultancy activities.
Please contact us for further information.