Print this page


Self-enrolment for all HDR candidates

All HDR candidates (commencing and continuing) are now required to self-enrol in coursework and research thesis units in MyUC.

International candidates

International candidates who are considering a change to part-time load or withdrawal from units must consult the international student advisors before enrolling, in order to ensure that visa requirements are met.

Step 1: Prepare for enrolment

  • View the typical study pattern for your course to find out what units to enrol in.
  • If you plan to choose different units from your typical study pattern you will need to apply for an individual HDR study plan.
  • If you plan to change your study load from full-time to part-time. You will need to email Graduate Research to see if you're eligible.
  • Discuss with your Supervisor if you are going to apply for leave or intermission for the upcoming semester and apply before the semester begins on 6 February.

Find Your Course and Study Pattern

Step 2: Enrol in units

Login to MyUC to self-enrol. You will need to enter your Student ID with a 'u' in front (ucontact.uc_student_id) and password.

Build your timetable in Allocate for any coursework components of your degree.

Login to MyUC to Enrol

Do I need a HDR study plan?

It is recommended that Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates follow the typical study plan for your course when choosing the units to study and the semesters to study them in. However, there may be some cases where you need to deviate from the typical study pattern and instead request a HDR study plan (MyUC). This may be where:

  • There is no typical study pattern available for your commencement e.g. Semester 2, Part-time.
  • The course has been closed and there is no typical study pattern available for the semester.
  • Your research is cross-disciplinary and selected coursework units from other faculties may be more appropriate.
  • You want to choose other postgraduate coursework units as per course requirements.

Request HDR study plan

Request a HDR study plan from your faculty by completing the form below.

  • Once you complete the form it will be submitted to your faculty HDR Convenor or equivalent for approval.
  • Once approved you will receive a PDF copy of your completed form with the approved study plan from the faculty.

You will need to follow your approved HDR study plan rather than the typical study pattern for your course when choosing the units to enrol in MyUC.