The University of Canberra Counselling clinic is a student-led counselling service providing low cost, professional and confidential counselling to students and the wider community. Our counsellors are post-graduate counselling students with hands on clinical experience in counselling and are closely supervised by qualified counsellors. Our counsellors utilise a wide range of interventions and strategies to work with their clients to overcome current problems, crises and long-term challenges.
How can talking to a counsellor help you?
A counsellor can give you support so you can tackle difficult problems and issues and find ways to solve or come to peace with them
- A counsellor can help keep small problems from becoming big problems
- A counsellor can provide you with greater perspective, so you can see the “big picture”
- A counsellor can help you get out of “auto-pilot” and puts you back in control of your life
- Counselling helps restore and engage your natural strengths and abilities
- A counsellor can provide you with the tools and strategies to approach problems with confidence and clarity
- A counsellor can bring you back to a natural state of wellness and wholeness so that you can thrive – whatever your circumstances
The counselling services provided by the clinic are student led at a minimal cost to you. Please note, as services are provided by students under supervision, no rebate is available through private health funds, Medicare or third-party providers.
Phone: (02) 6201 5843 Fax: (02) 6201 5666