Specialist Major in Industrial Design (SM0010.1)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Design and the Built Environment||24|
This major provides students with key knowledge, approaches and skills for Industrial Design practice and has a focus on design for manufacture. Advanced design communication skills are introduced including digital manipulation and fabrication via 2D and 3D technologies as well as a comprehensive knowledge of materials and making processes. User centred approaches are explored and developed for critical product and problem analysis. The major takes a scaffolded approach to learning and obtaining relevant skills and knowledge. You learn to apply a range of creative design approaches, from the intuitive to the rational, to be able to explore and design relevant and innovative solutions.
Specialist majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.1)
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.2)
- Bachelor of Design (ARB007.1)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (ARB201.1)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (ARB201.2)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (ARB201.3)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design (MGAR02.1)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design (MGAR02.2)
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Design (SCAR03.1)
- Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design (SCAR04.1)