Core Major in Design (CM0003.3)
|Faculty of Arts and Design||School of Design and the Built Environment||24|
The core major includes an introduction to the fundamentals of design and design practice with essential transferable employability skills. These include design related communication skills, design and creative approaches to problem identification and problem solving, the understanding of the user as a central focus of design and the importance of understanding cultural and society in the context of design.
Professional Practice Units include industry relevant orientation, authentic project-based learning, culminating in a capstone/major project and/or exhibition.
Core majors are only available to students in the course for which the major is required.
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Communication and Media (ARAR02.2)
- Bachelor of Design (ARB007.1)
- Bachelor of Design (Industrial Design) (ARB201.3)
- Bachelor of Design (Interaction Design) (ARB202.3)
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication Design) (ARB203.3)
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design (MGAR02.2)