The Library has a range of facilities to help students and staff. Library facilities include photocopiers and printers (colour, and black & white), Group Study Rooms, Presentation Practice Rooms, Self Check-out machines, and computers for students use on all four levels of the Library.
Level B offers students a 24/7 space with:
- Open plan seating for individuals or groups
- Study cubicles
- Power points to plug in your devices
- Free UC WiFi
- Autoloader to add printing, photocopying and scanning credit
- Printing, and printing capability from your own device
- Toilet facilities
- Vending machines
- Assistive Technology Room
- UC Emergency phone - located inside the Security Office
After hours access to the Library Commons requires swipe access with your UC student card to enter the space.
Computers are available on all levels of the Library for student use. There are eight express computers available on Level B.
Training Room 4, on Level A of the Library, has 16 computers available for student use when the room is not booked for training sessions.
Rooms are available in the Library for groups of students to book for presentation practice or group study during library opening hours.
Terms & Conditions
- Available to UC students ONLY (must use your UC student email)
- For group study purposes only (minimum 2 people per room)
- Limited to 3 hour bookings per group, per day
- Can be booked 1 week in advance
- Room held for only 15 minutes after the start of the booking time.
Information about the rooms available
|Name||Level||PC||DVD Player**||Whiteboard||Plasma/LED TV|
|Group Study Room 1||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 2||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 3||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 4||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 5||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 6||D||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 7||B Library Commons||Yes||PC||Yes||No|
|Group Study Room 8D40||D Seats 8 people||No||No|
|Presentation Practice Room 1*||B||Yes||Dual DVD/VHS player||Yes||Plasma|
|Presentation Practice Room 2*||B||Yes||PC||Yes||LED|
*The presentation practice rooms include large, wall mounted TV screens which can be used either with the room's PC or connected to a laptop via the cable provided.
**The PCs in each room have a built in DVD player. Presentation Practice Room 1 has a dedicated DVD and VHS player connected to the Plasma TV.
Telephones for on campus calls only are located:
- Level A - Training Room 4
- Level B - at the lift
- Levels C & D at the lift doors
Self Check machines for borrowing, renewing and returning items are located on Level B. Two machines are located in the Help Zone and the other is in the Short Loan area. You must have a current borrower card.
There are four PCs in the room, a printer, and a scanner. Software includes: WYNN, JAWS, DRAGON and ZOOMTEXT.
Lockers with keys are available from Inclusion and Engagement, on payment of a deposit; there is also internal telephone, and an emergency buzzer.
The room will sometimes be booked for supervised exams.
The Library has been divided into different zones to meet a range of study needs for individuals and groups:
- Level B - The Library Commons, Moderate study zone, and Silent study room.
- Level C - Quiet study zone, and chill out area.
- Level D - Silent study zone only.