UC Prep is for students who do not meet the entry requirements of the University of Canberra and who have not studied for some time. The program gives you entry to the University and prepares you with skills and confidence to help you at university or work.
Study UC Prep and you can improve your skills in:
- report and essay writing
- oral presentations
- time management
- learning online
In addition to course requirements, in order to successfully complete your course you may need to meet the inherent requirements. Please refer to the inherent requirements statement applicable to your course.
UC Prep is usually taught as a 14 week course. There are two classes each week (4 hours). UC Prep is offered two times each year.
The classes are held at:
- University of Canberra, Bruce campus - Trimester 1 (February) and Trimester 2 (June)
To apply you need to be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold an Australian permanent residency visa.
You can apply if:
- you are 21 years or older by the time you enter university (that is by the time you start your degree)
- you have been out of education for more than 2 years.
- If you don't fit any of the above criteria please ring UC College on +61 2 6201 2961
Note: If you have been in Australia for less than 2 years or if your first language is not English then you may be required to attend an interview.
Important to know when considering UC Prep courses
The following degrees require a higher entry score than can not be achieved through UC Prep:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- Bachelor of Vision Science
Please note: Bachelor of Midwifery has limited places available and applicants require a supplementary application form when applying for this course.
If you are considering any of these degrees you should contact the UC College to discuss your options. If you have already submitted your application, College staff will be in contact with you.
Complete the online application form through UC’s online applicant portal and upload all relevant certified documentation*, such as your birth certificate or Australian passport and academic transcripts, as requested on the form.
If you have any questions with your application please contact UC College.
*A certified copy of a document is witnessed and signed to be a true copy of the original by an authorised person, such as a Justice of the Peace. Please see the full list of people who can certify your documents.
- Students need to attend two classes (4 hours per week) from a semester group option.
- All Groups to meet in the foyer of building 5 on Level B.
- Please bring your tax file number, photo ID and a pen and paper for class.
There are Commonwealth supported enabling places available for Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia. There are limited places for other people to enroll in this program and these places are fee paying. Please contact the College to enquire further or to apply.
There is also a Students Services Amenities Fee.