Print this page

Exchange and Study Abroad

The University of Canberra has students from over 80 different countries studying at our campus. UC is located in Australia's capital city, Canberra, just three hours from Sydney and two hours from the beach.

Exchange and Study Abroad gives students the opportunity to attend UC for one or two semesters while gaining credit towards their home institution course. Exchange and Study Abroad students do not receive an award from UC.


If you study at one of our exchange partner universities you can be nominated to come to UC while paying your home institutions tuition. You apply through your home institution.

Study abroad

If you study at a university not on our exchange partner list, you can apply direct to UC as a Study Abroad student. You will pay tuition fees to UC, but you can apply for credit at your home institution.

ISEP network

UC is a member of ISEP, a community of more than 300 universities and colleges in over 50 countries. This network extends Exchange and Study Abroad opportunities beyond the UC exchange partners arrangements. Visit the ISEP website to explore how you can take advantage of this network.

Visit the ISEP website


To be eligible to study at UC on Exchange or Study Abroad, applicants must:

  • Have successfully completed at least one year of full-time-equivalent study at their home institution.
  • Have at least an average grade point average, i.e. 4.5 on a seven point scale.
  • Enroll for full-time study at UC, i.e. 12 credit point, or four units, per semester.
  • Meet all UC entry requirements, including English language requirements.

Application steps


Find units to study

12 credit points, or four units, per semester. Select units that are offered at our Bruce campus in the correct semester.


Submit an application

Study Abroad students apply direct to UC as an international student using course code 315AG.

Exchange students must first be nominated by their home institution, and then apply direct using course code 316AA.


Accept and pay

Students will be emailed their offer details, including an invitation to accept and pay fees for Study Abroad.


Get a study visa

Students will then be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE), which is required when applying for an Australian Student Visa (subclass 500).


Find accommodation

The University of Canberra’s accommodation provider, UniLodge, provides guaranteed accommodation for all new or continuing international students.


Confirm OSHC

International student visa holders in Australian must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) in place for the duration of their study.