- Group Study and Presentation Practice Room Bookings
- Photocopying Services
- Self-Check Loan Machines
- Assistive Technologies Room
- Change Machine
- Study Zones
- Student Computers
- On Campus Phones
- UC Wireless Connection
The Library has a range of facilities to help students and staff. Library facilities include modern photocopiers and printers (colour and black & white), Group Study Rooms, a Presentation Practice Room, Self Check machines, and computers for students use on all 4 levels of the Library.
The Change Machine is located on Level B. It accepts coins or notes up to $20 and gives $1 coins in exchange.
Computers are available on all levels of the Library for student use. There are eight express computers available on Level B.
Training Room 4, on Level A of the Library, has 16 computers available for student use when the room is not booked for training sessions.
Currently available student computers located in the Library and other buildings on campus (updated in real time).
Rooms are available in the Library for groups of students to book for presentation practice or group study during library opening hours. All rooms are available for one, 3 hour booking per group per day.
Contact the Information and Loans Desk on Level B, either in person or by phone on 62012953, to make a booking.
What you need to know to book a room:
- Rooms are for group study purposes, 2-8 persons per room. They are not intended for individual use. Individual quiet study areas are available on Level B, C & D of the Library.
- You will need your own current student ID card to book a room.
- The room booking must be made by the person who will pick up the key.
- Keys are loaned and returned on the library system at the Information and Loans Desk to the person who made the booking using a current student ID card.
- If a room is booked and the key not borrwed within 10 minutes of the first hour, the room can be booked by another group.
- Fines apply for the late return of keys.
- If a group have used the original booking and returned the key, they may make another booking for that day if a room is available.
Information about the rooms available
|Group Study Room||PC||DVD Player||VHS Player||Whiteboard||Plasma Screen||Seats||Tables|
|Group Study Room 1||D||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||6||2|
|Group Study Room 2||D||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||5||2|
|Group Study Room 3||D||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||8||1|
|Group Study Room 4||D||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||5||1|
|Group Study Room 5||D||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||8||1|
|Group Study Room 6||B||No||No||No||Yes||No||6||3|
|Group Study Room 7||B||No||No||No||No||No||8||3|
|Presentation Practice Room||B||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||7||2|
Telephones for on campus calls only are located:
- Level A - Training Room 4
- Level B
- Levels C & D at the lift doors
The Library provides black & white and colour printing and photocopying. For more information see our page on printing and photocopying, or read the instructions available at each of the MFDs.
On Level B, there are 2 Self Check Loan Machines which you can use to borrow books; one is in the foyer and the other is in the Short Loan Area. You must have a current borrower card. Please note that 3 hour and audio visual items cannot be borrowed using these units.
The Library has been divided into different zones to meet a range of study needs for individuals and groups:
- Level B - Moderate study zone
- Silent Study Room
- Level C - Quiet study zone
- Level D - Silent study zone
Content Responsibility: Glenis Matheson