- Library Commons
- Group Study and Presentation Practice Room Bookings
- Photocopying Services
- Self-Check Loan Machines
- Assistive Technology Room
- Study Zones
- Student Computers
- On Campus Phones
- UC Wireless Connection
The Library has a range of facilities to help students and staff. Library facilities include photocopiers and printers (colour and black & white), Group Study Rooms, Presentation Practice Rooms, Self Check machines and computers for students use on all 4 levels of the Library.
The Library Commons offers students a 24/7 space with:
- Open plan seating for individuals or groups
- Study cubicles
- Power points to plug in your devices
- Free UC Wifi
- Autoloader to add printing, photocopying and scanning credit via My UC or Pay Online
- Printing with Wifi capability for laptop and iPad users
- Toilet facilities
- Vending machines
- Access to the Assistive Technology Room
- UC Emergency phone
When the Service Desk is closed, access to the Library Commons requires you to use your UC card to swipe into the space.
Computers are available on all levels of the Library for student use. There are eight express computers available on Level B.
Training Room 4, on Level A of the Library, has 16 computers available for student use when the room is not booked for training sessions.
Currently available student computers located in the Library and other buildings on campus (updated in real time).
Rooms are available in the Library for groups of students to book for presentation practice or group study during library opening hours. Rooms are booked online using the button below.
Terms & Conditions
- Available to UC students ONLY (must use your UC student email)
- For group study purposes only (minimum 2 people per room)
- Limited to 3 hour bookings per group, per day
- Can be booked 1 week in advance
- Room held for only 15 minutes after the start of the booking time.
Information about the rooms available
|Name||Level||PC||DVD Player**||Whiteboard||Plasma/LED TV|
|Group Study Room 1||D||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 2||D||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 3||D||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 4||D||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 5||D||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 6||D||-||PC||-|
|Group Study Room 7||Library Commons||-||PC||-|
|Presentation Practice Room 1*||B||Dual DVD/VHS player||Plasma|
|Presentation Practice Room 2*||B||PC||LED|
*The presentation practice rooms include large, wall mounted TV screens which can be used either with the room's PC or connected to a laptop via the cable provided.
**The PCs in each room have a built in DVD player. Presentation Practice Room 1 has a dedicated DVD and VHS player connected to the Plasma TV.
Telephones for on campus calls only are located:
- Level A - Training Room 4
- Level B
- Levels C & D at the lift doors
The Library provides black & white and colour printing and photocopying. For more information see our page on printing and photocopying, or read the instructions available at each of the MFDs.
On Level B, there are 2 Self Check Loan Machines which you can use to borrow books; one is in the foyer and the other is in the Short Loan Area. You must have a current borrower card. Please note that 3 hour and audio visual items cannot be borrowed using these units.
The Library has been divided into different zones to meet a range of study needs for individuals and groups:
- Level B - Moderate study zone
- Silent Study Room
- Level C - Quiet study zone
- Level D - Silent study zone
Content Responsibility: Glenis Matheson