Graduation Studio (Landscape) (9982.1)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.25||6||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Built Environment And Design||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate strong research skills;
2. Employ appropriate and creative methods to analyse, interpret, and represent space and place;
3. Demonstrate an understanding of design and planning issues and opportunities in Australian cities;
4. Generate innovative and practical designs at the conceptual level, and develop those designs to a professional level; and
5. Demonstrate professional oral, written and visual communication skills.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Prerequisites9978 Design Studio 5 8273 Landscape Systems
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||02 August 2021||On-Campus||Dr Julian Raxworthy|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||On-Campus||Ms Gay Williamson|
A list of readings will be provided on Canvas.
Studios are conducted for 6 hours every week of semester. Students are expected to attend these studios as well as undertaking work outside of studio.
Studios will be conducted periodically on site. It is expected that students will attend these studios.
Required IT skills
Students are expected to be competent in the use of AutoCAD, Sketchup, and Photoshop.
Work placement, internships or practicums