Health Science Honours Thesis H (21cp) FT (Part B) (12cp) (9833.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| Research
|| UC - Canberra, Bruce
|0.5||12||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Public Health||Undergraduate Honours Level|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Design and execute a research project to a standard acceptable to the health science discipline;
2. Independently analyse and interpret data derived from the research project; and
3. Communicate the results of the research project in a form appropriate to the discipline.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - make creative use of technology in their learning and professional lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - think globally about issues in their profession
Prerequisites6486 Research Planning PG AND
9832 Health Science Honours Thesis H (21cp) FT (Part A) (9cp)
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - Canberra, Bruce||Semester 2||01 August 2022||Research||Prof Jennie Scarvell|
Students will be directed to research-topic specific resources by their Supervisor/s
Required IT skills
Use of wordprocessor program, EndNote (or equivalent reference software), and any research-specific software such as SPSS required to answer the research question
If required, IBM SPSS Statistics Premium Grad Pack (version 23) costs $176 ($149 for Co-Op members).
This version may have some limited functionality compared to the full version.
Work placement, internships or practicums
Unless otherwise approved (in writing), all written assessment pieces (formative and summative) must conform to the following requirements:
· Headings in bold, maximum font size 16 pt.
· Font size: 12 pt – Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri.
· Margins no less than 1.5cm on all sides.
· Page number at bottom right hand corner of footer.
· Student identification number (number only) at top right hand corner of header.
· Referencing must conform to a standard referencing system.
· Submissions which exceed the specified word (or page) length will be truncated at the word (or page) limit and only assessed to this point.