Contemporary Musicianship: Harmonic Analysis (9737.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesUpon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify, deconstruct and apply tonal functional harmony to tonal melodies;
2. Identify common chord progressions by ear;
3. Construct harmonic sequences using common harmonic variation techniques; and
4. Apply written communication skills in academic contexts.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2021||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||08 February 2021||On-Campus||Dr Dual ID McLennan|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Dual ID McLennan|
Participation in all aspects of this unit is recommended.
Required IT skills
Basic IT/computer skills are required. Specifically, you will need to interact effectively within Canvas and may be required to work with aural skills development and notation software.
Work placement, internships or practicums