Production Theatre Skills (9717.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| South Bank, QLD
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Arts And Communications||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Students will be exposed to the process of lighting and sound design implementation and stage management through participation in technical rehearsals.
Students will engage in text analysis and research activities for the duration of the rehearsal process to explore and study the performance text in-depth.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Employ acting, vocal and body techniques in a theatre production;
2. Employ research and text analysis in a theatre production;
3. Demonstrate an ability to work in an ensemble within a real world theatre environment; and
4. Apply communication skills in an academic/creative environment.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - adopt an informed and balanced approach across professional and international boundaries
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
2. UC graduates are global citizens - communicate effectively in diverse cultural and social settings
Corequisites9711 Performance Skills 1
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2023||South Bank, QLD||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Ms Lisa O'Neill|
|2024||South Bank, QLD||Semester 1||05 February 2024||On-Campus||Ms Lisa O'Neill|
Performance text :
The Tragedy of Macbeth by William Shakespeare, edited by A. Frusin
Other reference and research material
Many of the activities that occur in this class involve group work and physical contact with other students. This is the nature of acting. Classes will, at times, be quite physically vigorous and students need to be willing to participate in all activities. Students need to wear comfortable clothing to each class and should bring a hard copy journal to take notes during and after classes.
Required IT skills
Students must be familiar with the LMS Canvas as they will be required to download all lecture notes and readings and submit assessment tasks.
Work placement, internships or practicums
- Semester 1, 2023, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (212071)
- Semester 1, 2022, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (206644)
- Semester 1, 2021, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (199389)
- Semester 1, 2020, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (194371)
- Semester 1, 2019, On-Campus, UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank (191359)