New Web Contexts (9393.3)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|| On-Campus
|| UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|School Of Design And The Built Environment||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Apply their knowledge of development methodologies for web design and development;
2. Demonstrate an ability to adapt web design techniques and technologies for novel applications and contexts;
3. Work as part of a team to develop an innovative design solution for a non-desktop computing context;
4. Research and apply appropriate technologies and testing processes; and
5. Document the design and development process, and provide insightful rationale.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
Assumed knowledgeWeb design knowledge and expertise.
Knowledge of graphic design and expertise with design software.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
|2022||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||07 February 2022||On-Campus||Dr Reza Ryan|
|2023||UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank||Semester 1||06 February 2023||On-Campus||Dr Reza Ryan|
Refer to Canvas
Students should endeavour to maintain at least 80% attendance for all lectures and tutorials. Lectures and tutorials are designed to scaffold student learning and assist students to complete their Assignment tasks. If there is a legitimate reason for an absence, then the lecturer should be emailed as a courtesy to explain the absence.
Additionally, students are expected to engage in an additional 4-7hrs of work per week for the unit, which excludes the lectures and tutorials (approximately 80hrs over a semester).
Required IT skills
This unit assumes IT and media production skills in line with the prerequisite units. Students should be comfortable designing, developing and producing digital media in a range of forms.
Work placement, internships or practicums