Advanced Exercise Prescription (9377.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Health|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Sport And Exercise Science||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the pathophysiology of selected ESSA target pathologies and conditions; and
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate selection, safe implementation and delivery of appropriate assessments and exercise based rehabilitation interventions for selected ESSA target pathologies (metabolic, renal, cancer, arthritis, osteoporosis, immunological) and special populations (pregnancy, ageing, children).
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
Prerequisites9378 Advanced Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation AND
9381 Cardio-pulmonary Conditions and Rehabilitation.
CorequisitesEnrolment in the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation, 266JA.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Clinical Exercise Physiology, 3rd Edition 2013, Erhman, Gordon, Visich & Keteyian. Human Kinetics.
Students are expected to attend all lectures and case study sessions. It is expected that students unable to fulfil these participation requirements will inform the Unit Convenor as soon as practical, by telephone or email.
Required IT skills
Students should be conversant with searching for and accessing information via electronic means; the use of Moodle; and word processing, and presentation software.
Work placement, internships or practicums