Major Animation Project - Pre-Production (9259.2)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Creative And Cultural Practice||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomesOn completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. develop and breakdown a script into the various requirements for an animation production;
2. create a thorough production guideline document for the creation and completion of a production, also including storyboards, animatics, pre-visualisation and video block material;
3. display principal pre-production skills such as scheduling, budgeting, casting and other necessary preparation for animation production.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - employ up-to-date and relevant knowledge and skills
1. UC graduates are professional - use creativity, critical thinking, analysis and research skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems
3. UC graduates are lifelong learners - reflect on their own practice, updating and adapting their knowledge and skills for continual professional and academic development
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
Culhane, S. 1999, Animation from Script to Screen, St. Martin's Press, New York, USA.
Campbell, J. 1949, The Hero With A Thousand Faces, Fontana Press, Hammersmith, London
Dowlatabadi, Z. & Winder, C. 2001,Producing Animation, Focal Press, Burlington, USA.
McCloud, S. 1993 Understanding Comics HarperCollins, New York, USA
McKee, R. 1999, Story: Substance, Structure, Style and the Principles of Screenwriting, Methuen, London.
Patmore, C.2003 The complete Animation Course Quarto Publishing, London, UK
Tumminello, W. 2005,Exploring Storyboarding, Thomson/Delmar Learning, Clifton Park, USA.
Wells, P 2006 The Fundamentals of Animation, AVA Publishing, Lausanne, Switzerland
Non participation may have a negative impact on a student's grade because they miss key learning opportunities.
Required IT skills
Proficiency in word processing and LearnOnline Moodle are needed.
Work placement, internships or practicums