International Studies Internship (8512.4)
|Available teaching periods||Delivery mode||Location|
|View teaching periods|
|0.125||3||Faculty Of Arts And Design|
|Discipline||Study level||HECS Bands|
|Discipline Of Communication And Media||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|| Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan Social Work_Exclude 0905)
Learning outcomes1. Demonstrate an understanding of the dynamics of work situation in a real life setting;
2. Understand the significance of working with a team on a specified project;
3. Learn from experienced industry professionals;
4. Apply and use previously gained skills; and
5. Transfer knowledge from classroom to a workplace.
Graduate attributes1. UC graduates are professional - communicate effectively
1. UC graduates are professional - display initiative and drive, and use their organisation skills to plan and manage their workload
1. UC graduates are professional - take pride in their professional and personal integrity
1. UC graduates are professional - work collaboratively as part of a team, negotiate, and resolve conflict
2. UC graduates are global citizens - behave ethically and sustainably in their professional and personal lives
PrerequisitesPermission of unit convener.
|Year||Location||Teaching period||Teaching start date||Delivery mode||Unit convener|
It would greatly benefit students to read some of the material available in the library, the details are posted on the moodle site for the unit.
Submission of assessment items
Extensions & Late submissions
Students are required to submit all assessments items on moodle and submt a hard copy by the agreed due date.
Special assessment requirements
The minimum length of the internship is 100 hours.
Required IT skills
Work placement, internships or practicums
This unit involves a workplace internship and therefore, additional student responsibilities are required in addition to those described in this section. Work-place learning requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics.